A pretty weird thing happened to me the other day. I was out with some friends, and I ended up making out with a total stranger, who I'm estimating was around 10 years or so older than I. I'm not really sure how it happened though, as far as the events leading up to that or when she decided that she was just going to make that happen. I was outside smoking with some friends and this lady come out of no where and starts chatting us up. She looked pretty darn good for her age (not that I'm implying that she was old, or past her prime or anything like that, because I'm definitely not), and she was very nice, and just out with some friends the same way I was. We made small talk, finished our smokes and all went inside. The situation was that a long time friend of mine was introducing me to one of her newly single co-workers that I was tasked (that makes it sound like it was something I didn't enjoy doing, which wasn't the case, just saying) with charming and showing her a good night. So my friend her co-worker head straight to the bar, while my buddies head to the pool table to get another game started. This beautiful stranger says "Hey, nice meeting you and good talk," to which I say the same. I gave her a hug, because hey why not, everyone enjoys a solid hug, and before I know it, she's on my face like there's no tomorrow. Not in a super passionate, aggressive kind of make out, but it was sudden, but slow and sensual. I was definitely OK with the proceedings. So, After a few attempts to quell the make out (simply because we were standing at the focal point of the entire place), I finally am able to break away and get back to my table. During, I didn't really care who saw, but I realized that I'd blow any chance with this new girl (I'd assume) if she saw me making out with this total stranger, otherwise, hell I'd probably have kept it up for as long as she wanted to. As far as I could tell, she was totally sober, as was I. These things don't usually happen to people in real life, do they? Not once have I been out with my friends and seen this happen to one of them (and basically all of my friends are 8's or above(I don't plan it that way, but it's true)), at least not without putting work into for the night. I've seen my buddies make out with people they met that night, sure, but only after a while of flirting, drink buying, or what have you.
I realized that I never got her number or gave her mine, but on the same token, why would I have? Maybe for some fun at a later date, but would there have been any real chance that something more real could have ever happened? I mean what do I have in common with someone in their thirties? Mid 30's, to be a bit more precise. Again, not that I have anything against her age (I'm not a stranger to women whom are significantly older than myself), but we're at two completely different points in our lives.Maybe the issue here isn't what I could have made out of it, but why would I even wonder about it? Why would I take some random older woman making out with me at a bar as a sign for a place to start looking for a relationship with her? I think this is some sort of sign. I honestly am tired of chasing skirts. I'd like something a bit more real, but I guess this means I need to be very careful as to where I start looking, since this is leading me to believe that I should be looking literally anywhere, which is obviously wrong. Very, very wrong.
As far as the girl I was supposed to be courting, that went alright I suppose. Everyone (sans the stranger) came back to my place, and we started a little party in the basement. Some people left, and it ended up just being me, her and two friends who were on her like white in rice. It was like...watching two baby lions trying to take down a gazelle, and extremely fun to watch. Anyway, I walked her home and that was that. I didn't even get her number. whoops. or not.
-Signing out,
Frank D. Orren.
No comments:
Post a Comment