Monday, May 12, 2014

Double-Take

      Tomorrow morning, I'll be going on a ten mile trek, all loaded up with a 40-50 pound pack, and I cannot be more excited. My best bud and I will be heading to a giant forest preserve where we'll be toughing it through miles and miles of trails, and probably going into the unmarked parts as well to get an extra good workout in. Walking around carrying a ton of extra weight is tough enough, but when you factor in having to climb over and under obstacles and rough terrain, you're in for one killer time. I figure I'll bring an entire gallon of water, on top of the 50lbs of plates I'll be throwing in my pack, since it's going to be hot and muggy as all get out. They're calling for rain tomorrow, so that should make things...interesting. It's certainly not going to stop me though; being in nature is one of my main ways to relax, even though I'm putting my body through hell. It's probably all the releasing of the chemicals in the brain and the soaking up of the vitamin D from the sunlight. Either way, it's an essential part of my life and I love every second of it. If only my iPod still worked correctly, this would be literally perfect. In my opinion, there's music for every occasion, and the right music will always make that experience better. This summer will be full of rucking, hiking, camping, lifting, running, and 100% victory. let's do it all this summer. Gearing up for success.

     When I do all of these things with my friends, I love every second of it, but I start to miss being in a relationship. Almost every need I have is met by my friend group, except for the essential things like love and sex. I am a person that needs to touch, and be touched, and it's these things that I am missing from my life right now (although, everything else is basically perfect). For the longest time I went without these things and I was fine, but as I grow older, their inherent value seems to go up exponentially, and I'm really starting to feel the hole left by their absence deep inside myself. What better way to walk through a beautiful forest than to do so while holding a lover's hand? And what better way Watch the stars and meteor showers than with your lover next to you? It's always great to have your best friends around, but sometimes, you just need...more. I miss being able to look deeply into my girl's eyes and reminding her that she's making me feel whole, and that I love her. I miss feeling that. Getting drunk with your pals and chasing skirts doesn't compare to having the real thing in front of you. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten what that even feels like anymore. Sorry for the sap, I just had to get all of that off my chest. Summers are always the hardest for me to be alone. Well, alone is the wrong word; lonely is far more accurate. Never alone, but always lonely.

Signing out,
-Frank D. Orren.

No comments:

Post a Comment