Monday, May 19, 2014

Holding Hands, Skipping Like A Stone.

     Well, in two weeks, two long-term friends of mine are tying the ole' knot and entering into the whole holy matrimony kind of stuff. Good for them! This event should be a good time since friends old and new will be there, and of course, my two friends getting married will be good too, haha. At the same time, I am a going to be a bit sad, since I'll be reminded of love, and how I basically don't know what that word means anymore. Surrounded by happy couples, watching my two friends join in their love right in front of me, just...ugh. Makes me sick! not really at all, but I'm just saying stuff now. One thing I do know about weddings is that they drive single women crazy, and there will be a ton of single women there. The Bride's friends are all gorgeous, and I think mostly available, so that could get fun when you combine the open bar and the fact that we're going to be in a hotel. Hey, I am tired of chasing skirts around, but I figure this will be the place to do so. Droves of horny, 20-something women running around...That does sound like my kind of place. NOW, lemme tell you about my suit!
   OK, so this is no secret amongst my friends, but I love fashion so, so, sooooo much. I always try to be the snappiest dresser where ever we end up going to. I make my own styles, so even when I'm not rocking mens' latest fashions, I'm making sure my outfit is still cool and unique. What can I say, I've got an eye for this stuff. Anyway, this suit I'm throwing together is going to be flawless. I'm going with the classic black suit, white shirt, black tie (and I did the research, it IS still OK to wear a black suit to a wedding (as long as it is in the evening)). I'm going to go get professionally fitted for a shirt (even thought I think I found the best one for me) since it's so hard for me to find quality clothes that actually fit, especially dress shirts (I need at lest a 39/39 sleeve), so I'll either go rent a nice white shirt with french cuffs and a spread collar, or have to find one online to buy. I've got a great black skinny tie, and the suit is now a super modern fit after some altering I did to it. So, if I'm not mistaken, I'm going to have the trendiest, well fitting suit around, and I cannot wait for it. And of course, I'm topping it all off with a nice watch and a pocket square. something like this.



      I suppose I have no real way of knowing that my suit will be the best there, but that's the fantasy I'm having right now, so that's what I'm going to stick with. Anyway, that's the look I'm going for, but of course I won't be some silly twig man. One thing I still need for sure is shoes. I have the old square toes, but those just aren't fashionable, and by far the most expensive thing I have to get still. A nice pair of black oxfords is what I want, but God knows what I'll be able to find in size 15 between now and then. If I haven't mentioned before, I'm kind of a giant, so finding quality clothes that fit me is almost impossible. Big and tall stores are almost useless since they assume that if you need a 3XL dress shirt, it just has to be because you're obese, and not because you're tall, broad and lift. They assume you've got to be the worst shape you can possibly be and still fit into that size shirt. Luckily I've found that Buckle sells button-up shirts for people with my build, which I think is fantastic. I can walk in there and find jeans with a 34, 35, or even a 36 inseam which is perfect except for the fact I don't have the kind of cash to be dropping on designer jeans. Basically, I'm large enough to where I just barely can't shop in normal stores anymore, save for things like boxers, sock, and t-shirts.

     Anyway, I'm looking forward to this day so much, and I can't wait to be there to see my friends start the rest of their lives together!
-Signing out,
Frank D. Orren.

No comments:

Post a Comment