If I remember correctly, I had...let me tally this up:
-1 18 ounce beer
-1 12 ounce beer
-1 round of Rumchata and cinnamon whiskey shots
-1 glass of white wine
-1 girly mixed drink with dinner before the wedding
-2 glasses of champagne
-3 glasses of scotch on the rocks
-4 whiskey and sodas
- I think...7 or 8 gin and tonics. The last of which I know was about 80% full of Beefeater.
I forgot how much I liked gin. For me, it's one of those things I totally forget about unless I see some one else drinking one, and then I get one as well. Anyway, all of those drinks I consumed was just at the wedding. The post-wedding bar I went to is where things get a little hazy, but I think this is right...
- 2 Wild Turkey (101) and cokes
- 1 shot of well tequila
- 1 shot of Jameson
- 2 vodka cranberries.
I promise I'm not making these numbers up. Remember that I'm 6'6" and the amount seems a bit more reasonable. I'm not sure how even I managed to keep all these down (no vomiting, woohoo!) even for me. It was one of those types of drunk where you don't really feel drunk, but you notice your steps aren't quite as steady and your speech isn't quite so clear. This is my least favorite kind of drunk for sure, since I don't think I'm very drunk at all but turn out to be smashed in reality. Thing is, I'm sure I didn't even come close to having the most drinks that night. The bride's family can really, really put it away. Ugh.
I ended up looking just as good as I'd hoped. I ended up finding the perfect shirt (professionally fitted, and now I know for sure I need a 40/41 inch sleeve), and the perfect shoes. Everything was on point. And while there were a ton of fine single ladies there, I had really no desire to hit on a single one of them. I was having fun just dancing with my friends and being happily intoxicated. At one point even one of the girls came up to us and asked us why we were dancing with each other and not with all the pretty girls that were around (she herself was a foxy, foxy Asian girl), to which I thought of walking up to her, grabbing her hand and leading her to a clear spot on the floor and saying "well all you had to do is ask," and give her a wink, but I just...didn't even want to. Plus Sam was around and I didn't want to make her feel bad (also the ride home would have been awkward).
Something that's important to know about me is that when I drink, two things happen: I become the most loving human being on the planet, and I become very honest and open. Usually this works to my advantage, and very well I might add, but it becomes detrimental when I'm in a closed space (say like a car), when I'm alone with a girl I have feelings for. Basically, I messed up last night. Sam and I were having a convo about something that happened when we were still involved, and the convo lead to how we wished we both would have done things a bit differently. Well, when we got to the bar, She finally started drinking herself. We got a ride back to my place from a sober buddy of mine, and that's when things really went bad. We were talking about our feelings, and I wish I would have had the sense to keep my damn mouth closed. I told her about how one night when my (brief) girlfriend at the tine was passed out in my bed, that I sat there and was missing Sam a lot. And how when I drove Sam to her (also brief) boyfriend's house, that I desperately wanted to tell her that to forget about him, and that we'd turn around right then and we could go back to my house and figure things out. I said a lot of stuff I didn't want to tell her, as did she. I didn't want to say them because they aren't true or anything like that, I'm just worried now that I've made it easier for her to get hurt by me. The main problem is is that I still don't know if I should be with her or not. I honestly do love her, but she scares me, too. My fear of getting hurt by her I feel would lead me to be on the defense offense the whole time to protect me feelings, and only end up hurting hers because of that. We've already established that we need to have a sit-down. I have no idea what I'm gonna say. I should have been worried when a total hottie at the bar started hitting on me by the juke box, and I had no desire to hit on her back. I saw the look in her eyes when I walked by, with her giving me the slow up and down look and the "hello," smile, and the first thing I think of is Sam. She started chatting me up (I was still wearing my suit, so this is why), and I just kind of dealt with it and made small talk back to her, but as soon as I could be I was back on my way. usually nothing stops me from flirting. It's second nature to me. Dang, I've typed enough already. Basically, I wish I hadn't said anything to Sam, even though for me it was very cathartic. I'm just afraid now. The last thing I want to do is hurt her. Ugh. We'll see what happens. Wish me luck.
Signing out,
Franklin D. Orren.
No comments:
Post a Comment